A CSF Scholar Resource
What is the CSF Emergency Fund Request (EFR)?
The CSF Emergency Fund Request is an application to receive short-term and/or one-time financial assistance for unexpected / unavoidable financial emergencies that directly impact or jeopardize one’s continued enrollment in college. At this time, EFR funds are only available to CSF Scholars (i.e. Achievers, Leadership 1000, Governors and ‘Why Not You’ Scholars) currently enrolled in college.
Situations eligible for funding could include:
- Personal living such as food, childcare, housing, utilities, and transportation
- Medical, dental or mental health emergencies not covered by insurance
- Books and supplies
- Computer/laptop repair or potential replacement
- Major accidents and events such as fire and natural disasters
Who is Eligible for the EFR?
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- You participated in CSF’s Achievers program during high school and/or are a recipient of the Leadership 1000, Governors’ or Why Not You scholarship
- You have signed the Release of Information to enroll in the College Services program (you can complete this form after submitting EFR if you’re not sure)
- You have an emergency financial need that is directly impacting your continued college enrollment
- You must have a completed financial aid application (FAFSA/WASFA)
- You are currently enrolled in at least 6 credits at an eligible Washington state college or university*
- You have a 2.0 GPA or greater (cumulative)
*Unenrolled students who have stopped out for an academic term or longer needing to apply for the Emergency Fund Request should email us at email@example.com
*Unsure if you meet the eligibility criteria? Please email us at the above address and your CSF Coach will schedule an appointment with you to discuss your situation.
How does an Eligible Scholar Access the EFR?
Students must complete and submit the online application. The online application can be found on this page below the FAQ. Your CSF Coach will follow up within three business days after receiving your application. CSF will work with you to understand the financial barrier(s) you are facing and help identify potential resources – including EFR funding.
What is the Deadline?
Applications for funding are reviewed by the CSF College Services team on a rolling basis. EFR processing and funding can sometimes take up to 2 weeks after submission depending on circumstances.
What is the Award Amount?
Most EFR awards will be limited to $500 or less. The amount of the award varies based on the circumstance and student’s financial need and is up to the discretion of the EFR Committee.